Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's Pearl, NOT Paul.



I know this outfit is a bit over the top, pearls, pink lace, leopard, ruffles and ribbon... but I love it.  When I was first pregnant I wanted and thought I was having a boy.  When I found out I was having a girl it took a while to sink in.  Probably because I have four older brothers, but I definitely pictured a baby boy first.  Oh how the tables turn.
I love having a baby girl.  It's a good thing Pearl is a girl because she is literally my little doll.  I have even been compared (cough, cough ROCKY) to the gay parents on Modern Family because I'm always hot gluing something corny for her to wear.  I love to dress her up in different outfits and costumes.  I love bows of all colors, Sunday dresses and tiny Mary Jane shoes.  Making ridiculously busy bows then rigging up a make shift "Portrait Studio."  It's just all so fun.  


I have a reoccurring nightmare where I ask Danny a question about Pearl.  
I.E. "Did you change Pearl's diaper?" And he replies, "Pearl?  Don't you mean Paul?  And yes I changed Paul's diaper." 
From there, to my horror, I find an all blue room and a baby boy named Paul.  Paul is probably a cool baby from some where in psycho dreaming mind, but he isn't Pearl.  Nightmare!
I do hope someday to have at least one boy, but holy crap girls are fun.  
At least mine is:) 

Have a great weekend everyone!


3 comments:

Janeal said...

she is your mini me! holy cow!

Sydney said...

WOW! Love that pic. She seriously looks like a dolly. I too, am guilty of "Camming it up" and making all sorts of shenanigans for Ev to wear. I agree with you though - we gotta live it up! Its only cool to wear ruffles one every orphus of your body for so long.
PS you rock at editing. I need to learn some of that stuff.

Grandma Cher said...

You two are so fun for each other! Pearl is the perfect girl for all your cut ideas!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love being a red head. My husband is goofy. We both love Chuck a rama. I love antiques, miniature things, and Diet Mountain Dew. My Motto, "Life is RRRRReeeeeeeally Guuuud!" -Nacho.