Brutus the Bulldog



Brutus Kevin Elder turns one year old today.  Wasn't he a cute pup?
This is the story of how he came into our family.
This story begins as quite the tragedy.  Last October we lost our dear Boldie and Stitch.  We were sad.  Like REALLY sad
Boldie was a sweet spirit.  I hope someday we'll have another handicapped Frenchie:)


I got Boulder when he was a puppy as well.  He moved out with me when I lived in Provo, he slept with me every night, he rode shot gun in Pinky BUCKLED into his seat belt.  He was there throughout me and Danny's long dating period.  A month after we were married we got Stitch to keep him company.  We loved our boys.
It's weird how much you can cry over a dog and how they really seem to become members of your family.  Our house seemed so empty. 
Danny said we needed to get another one.  He said he needed a friend at home to play with in the yard. I consistently said no.   Looking back, I can't believe I said no to a French Bulldog and yes to a pig??  I'm crazy.  Anyways, back to our story.  He begged me everyday all day to get another Frenchie.  I would consistently get texts saying, "I went and bought him babe.  He is so cute.  I'm bringing him into your work right now."  I would reply, "I'm still grieving, I don't want a dog... P.S. You're full of crap."
Everyday same thing.  He would tell me he got a puppy and of course he hadn't.  Until this one Friday, I was working on some applications and I looked out my window to see this little cutie.

Don't mind my fat prego belly.
Just for the record, I couldn't believe Danny bought him without my permission!  That was a big purchase, especially since I repeatedly told him not to.  But secondly, I couldn't believe how quickly I fell in love with him. 


Brutus is no Boldie or Stitch.  He has his own cute personality and we love it.
Simply put, Brutus is Brutus.  


When Brutie was a pup he was mistaken for a bunny often.  
He had GIGANTIC ears.  I swear they haven't grown since we got him.  




His biggest downfall was his chewing habits:)



5 am. Christmas morning.  Two weeks before Pearl was born!


We love Brutus.  
He breathes so cute.
He jumps so cute.
He's just really cute.



Brutus really is quite odd when picking friends.  His other BF is a cat.
 Brutus is a fun loving Frenchie.  He loves kids, playing tug of war and cuddling.  
We might just have to buy him a couple double cheeseburgers to celebrate:)

So this story has a happy ending, we have a really sweet dog that Pearl is already obsessed with.
We're happy to have little Brutie in our Family!

Comments

meg bird said…
Wait, you guys own a PIG?? What did I miss?

And yes, that dog is adorable. I'm dying for a pet.
Rocky said…
Wasting that much space of the blogosphere on a dog's first birthday is enough to make me gag, but it is all worth it just based on the picture of Michelle holding the little guy! Love ya Rach!
Rachel Elder said…
Stop hating Rocky. They are so cute!!!

P.S. That pic of Michelle is probably my fave of all time:)

Popular Posts