Excited. Stressed. Nervous. Happy. Anxious.

These five words would pretty much sum up how I'm feeling today.  Somedays it's just one of these words, but today I am feeling them all.  I am now over 37 weeks pregnant and can't believe we will meet our baby boy in just a few weeks, maybe sooner.  This pregnancy is flying by so quick.  Somedays I wish he were here already partially so my ribs could get a break, but mainly because I wonder so much what he is like.
Then we'll have a couple of sleepless nights because Pearl is teething and has pink eye and I can't help but pat my belly and think to myself, "Keep on cookin' as looooong as you need little baby."  Honestly we were so spoiled, almost too spoiled, with Pearl.  She was an amazing sleeper, eater, early smiler, ect. and I know the odds are not in our favor with this baby.  How can they be?  Two perfect newborns in a row... praaaabably not.  But we can hope, right?
And just for the record she is totally making up for the well behaved newborn she was.  This girl is a little tornado of trouble with sass to boot.  I think Danny could tell I was a little stressed and taught her to tell me I'm pretty.  Well played Dan... well played:)
An awesome pic Roxanne took of me looking awesome.
 My body is a disturbing sight, I can't wait to get back to the gym!
 Another reason I am a little stressed is because I'm not the only one with a due date approaching.  Be careful what you wish for folks, it may come true with the worst possible timing.  In an earlier post talking about our frenchies, I hoped for some puppies from Bridget and Brutus.
 I have indeed gotten my wish, and of course now Bridget and I will be sharing a due date.
Introducing...
And...
Pregnancy definitely affects dogs too, so I'm in good company.
 She is always sleeping or eating!
And now finally someone else around me is getting fat too.  I love it.
 Many of you probably don't think this should add to my stress but part of the reason Bulldogs are so pricey is because they have many issues delivering their pups as well as complications caring for them afterwards.  This requires round the clock care as well as assisted feedings every couple of hours.  So basically now I feel the need to mentally prepare myself to take care of flippin' quintuplets.  
We have her C-section scheduled in three weeks and an ultrasound in a week to see how many puppies she's having!  I'm actually really excited to see that:)

A little icing on the stress cake is that Danny will be running in the Pony Express Trail 100 mile race when our baby is only a week old!
After one of his runs in the canyon.
 A race of 100 miles is quite the feat, but it's especially a big job when you have to provide all of your own aid stations.  I feel like that first week of your baby's life is exhausting for both of you, not to mention throwing a 100 mile race into the mix and a very demanding last semester to finish an accounting degree!  But Danny has his mind set on it, plus has paid the non-refundable fee, so at this point we'll pray for a quick recovery from birthing a "watermelon" so that I can be any help at all.  I know he'll do awesome.
I keep telling Danny a pro to all this running,
"Boi, Yo' backside is ruh-dic-a-luss!"
Cuz it is.
Usually my posts don't contain so much complaining, so I'll 180 this beast and let you know why I'm happy and excited. 
I have had so much fun getting everything ready for this baby boy to come into our home.
I guess dressing my children ridiculous won't stop with the female gender.
We finally got a car seat.
  I bought a crib at a yard sale for $10 and painted it to match Pearl's crib and added some fancy trim pieces.  It is starting to come together, especially for how cheap it was.
This is Pearl's way cuter and way more expensive crib.  
I wish we could've just bought another one of these but we got this one at a yard sale for $50 bucks.  We actually found her exact crib at Thanksgiving Point, but it ended up being a little out of our price range, $4,700.  So we opted for the $4,690 cheaper idea and bought this little doozy below.
I have been cleaning and making room for his tiny little things that I hope he will actually fit into, since at my last appointment he is measuring even bigger!  Danny was a big baby, and I think this little dude might be following suit.  I can't wait to see what he looks like and see what kind of a little personality he has.
But until then...
How I feel when I have to wake up to pee 3 times a night.

The end of September to the beginning of October might be a bit hectic around our house, but regardless of my complaining, I really am excited for all of this craziness.  Usually craziness leads to some happiness right?  At least we'll probably get some good stories out of it, right?  We really are blessed and life is good:)

Comments

D-Lish said…
Such an awesome post. I loved it. I still can't believe you posted that doss German photo of me. Ha ha ha. Awesome post though
D-Lish said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rangi said…
You guys are nuts! But you're just the kind of people that can pull it off.
Savage said…
You are so RAD. Oh my gosh, I love your new baby boy gear. You are one talented Momma, your post made me smile for the whole read. Thanks Momma! Best of luck to you and the fam...puppies too!
sharon. said…
Oh my gosh. We want a puppy! Can we be on the top of the list?! Seriously.
Whitney said…
I llloooovvveee the crib! You guys are so cute! Cant wait to meet the little bundle!
Lulu said…
Can't wait for baby Elder! Laughed a LOT during this post! Love you girlie!

Popular Posts