Spring Cleaning

Hello Blogging World!!!

How I've missed you. I haven't read any blogs for so long. Danny got a new work schedule and I spend as much of my after work time with him as I can. I feel disconnected from the cyber world! I plan on catching up on all of your blogs in the next couple of days.
This week my family, excluding Beetle & Co., has been out of town and it has been so weird to say the least. I think I got a little taste of what living away from family would be like. It's a bitter taste, I hope I never have to experience it fully! Don't get me wrong, we've had a good week we just missed the fam!
We have had a good week we just missed the fam! The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days. We have loved being outside and riding our scooter.
With the good weather we got started on what seems like a never ending project, our yard.
I love working in the yard. Some of my best memories growing up were working in the yard with the family. Daylight donuts and Diet Coke getting us through the grueling work:) I think I was probably just catching snakes and playing House with Roxanne while the brothers and parents actually worked. Good memories nonetheless. So Danny and I are now attempting grooming and whipping our yard into shape. It is a lot of work but it has been really fun so far.
I found this guy, and later two more of his buddies, while weeding. I can't believe I used to touch them. Yuck. Now I can barely get close enough to hurry and snap a pic.
We were loving the blue skies and the 74 Degree weather!
After a few loads to the dump, digging, weeding, ect... we needed a little break.
We may or may not have stopped and grabbed a Daylight Donut...:)
I can't believe how these little flowers can make me so happy. Walking on green grass in bare feet, blue skies, birds hopping around my yard, plants sprouting, buds blossoming. Oooo! I love Spring.
We are excited for Spring and to whip our yard into shape and especially for the fam to get home tomorrow!

P.S. I swear the weather in Utah likes to mock me. Today it snowed 4 inches! How dare I get so excited for Spring...

Comments

Lauren said…
OOOOOH I've missed your lovely stories and events that you're family has done! Welcome back!
Mindy said…
Man! I feel bad, we should have had you guys over for dinner or something. Welcome back to blogging. Cool snake picture, even though I hate snakes. What a perfect weekend to work in your yard!
Grandma Cher said…
We missed you too. I love your yard! We'll have to trade flowers. I can't wait for it to actually be Spring, this snow is killing me.
Rangi said…
Sorry about the snow I wouldn't have popped off about the weather down here if I had read this post first, but I guess it's too late now. Glad it's you and not me.

Popular Posts